Stage 3 - Public Display of Amendments to Draft Plan
Notice of Proposed Amendments to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 12(7) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, that Clare County Council has prepared proposed amendments to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029. The proposed amendments constitute a material alteration to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029. The list of amendments includes proposed amendments to the Record of Protected Structures.
The proposed amendments are accompanied by an Addendum to the Environmental Report which provides information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed amendments, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended) and Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC.
The Proposed Amendments to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 and the associated addendum will be on public display on Monday 28th November 2022 to Tuesday 3rd January 2023 (both dates inclusive). Accordingly, the following Volumes of the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 comprise proposed amendments:
- Volume 1 Written Statement
- Volume 2 Maps
- Volume 3 Municipal District Written Statement & Settlement Plans
o 3a Ennis Municipal District
o 3b Shannon Municipal District
o 3c Killaloe Municipal District
o 3d West Clare Municipal District
- Volume 4 Record of Protected Structures
- Volume 5 Clare Renewable Energy Strategy
- Volume 7 Clare Retail Strategy
- Volume 8 Clare Housing Strategy
- Volume 10 Environmental Appraisal of the Plan
o 10a&b Addendum to Environmental Assessments
o 10c Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
The proposed amendments includes proposals to make additions, deletions and modifications to Volume 4-Record of Protected Structures and the Planning Authority shall serve on each person who is the owner or occupier of the proposed protected structure or the protected structure, as the case may be, a notice of the proposed addition, deletion or modification including the particulars.
Submissions/observations with regard to the proposed amendments to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023–2029 and/or the information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed amendments may be made during the period from Monday 28th November 2022 to Tuesday 3rd January 2023 (both dates inclusive). Submissions received will be taken into consideration before the making of the Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Please insert the heading “Proposed Amendments to the Draft Clare Draft Development Plan 2023-2029” on your submission.
- Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. by email or post. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process.
- Submissions/observations should include your name and may include address, a map (for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent. Clare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details (and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent), on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/ observation. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Council’s Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and will be summarised in the Chief Executive’s Report, which will be published. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
- The planning process is an open and public process and therefore your submission (in part or in total) will be available to view online at https://clarecdp2023-2029.clarecoco.ie/. All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Clare County Development 2023-2029.
- All submissions are subject to the Data Protection Act (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (as amended) and the Freedom of Information Act 2014 (as amended).
A submission/observation can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- In writing to: Proposed Amendments to Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029, Planning Department, Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis, Co Clare. V95 DXP2
- By email to: email@example.com . Subject headline should read “Proposed Amendments to the Draft Clare Draft Development Plan 2023-2029”
The deadline for receipt of submissions/observations is Tuesday 3rd January 2023. Please note late submissions will not be considered.
Page last reviewed: 28/11/22Back to top